Owning a home requires a lot of upkeep. This includes routine duct cleaning Mississauga. Experts recommend that homeowners in the Mississauga area should have their ductwork cleaned every one to three years. But what is the best time of year for duct cleaning?
In the following article, we shall highlight the pros of Mississauga duct cleaning for each season. You can utilize this information to decide which season is the best time for your household.
What Season is Best for Duct Cleaning Mississauga?
In Fall, days start to get shorter, and nights start to get colder. Towards mid-Fall, you may have to turn on your heat. Since your heating system has not been used in some time, you might notice a slight burning smell. This is the result of an excess of dust, dander, and other debris that has accumulated on your furnace since it was last used. Many homeowners prefer to duct cleaning Mississauga in the Fall.
Following are other advantages of having your ducts cleaned in the Autumn season.
- Will help rid your home of dust, dirt, allergens, and other bacteria in your home before you spend more time indoors during the winter months.
- Ensures that your HVAC system is working properly and will run efficiently in the winter, which can help lower your heating costs.
Winters in Mississauga can get really cold, as anyone who lives in the area can attest. Therefore it makes sense that your HVAC system is utilized a great deal on those cold winter nights. However, as your HVAC is helping to heat your home, it is also adding to the accumulation of dust. As well, the air quality in your home could be polluted with allergens that are trapped in your ductwork. Clean air is essential for good health, especially during the winter, when colds, viruses, and flu are most prominent.
Following are reasons why you might wish to have your air ducts cleaned during the winter.
- HVAC cleaning will remove any harmful bacteria and other irritants that are trapped in your air ducts.
- Your HVAC system will run more efficiently, keeping your home at a cozy temperature while also lowering heating bills.
- You will be able to enjoy spending more time indoors knowing that the air you're breathing is clean and free from allergens, dust, and the like.
Obviously, Spring cleaning involves giving your home a complete cleaning. Naturally, a lot of homeowners opt to have their ducts cleaned during Spring. With warmer weather comes the desire to open the windows to allow fresh air. However, along with fresh air comes pollen, dust, and other debris. Not to mention, there will come a day when you will need to turn on your air conditioner. As it has not been used in several months, the coils on your air conditioner may be covered with dust, dander, and other debris. Once you turn on the air conditioner, these particles will be distributed around your home. This, along with the following reasons, are the advantages of duct cleaning in the Spring.
- Your HVAC system and ductwork will be free from any debris, thus promoting clean air when you operate your air conditioner. This will help those that suffer from conditions such as allergies, asthma, and other respiratory ailments.
- You can rest assured that your energy costs will decrease as your HVAC system will not have to go in overdrive to cool down your home.
Let’s face it, we all make use of our air conditioners during the summer. Not only do we need to cool down our homes, but we need to rid the air of excess humidity which can lead to mold and mildew growth indoors. As the a/c is on almost 24/7, you will notice more dust buildup in your home. Cleaning your air ducts can help cool your home while ensuring that the air is fresh and clean.
Here are some other reasons to have your ducts cleaned in the summer.
- Your HVAC system won’t have to work overtime to cool your home. This not only lowers energy costs but helps prolong the life of your air conditioner.
- Your home will feel comfortable no matter how hot and humid it is outside.
No matter what time of year you prefer duct cleaning Missisaugua, Comfort Clean is the best team for the job! We use state-of-the-art cleaning equipment to clean your ductwork from top to bottom. Get in touch with us today for a free quote for air duct and dryer vent cleaning.