Who doesn’t love the summer? School’s out, the weather is good and the days get longer and, for some, clothes get shorter. Actually summer and outdoors go hand in hand from trips to theme parks, lakes and beaches to hiking, bicycle riding, fishing and camping chances are that the numbers of people going to partake in such activities are going to be quite high around the time of the June solstice. That tendency to have our greatest adventures during the summer, is why there should be several safeguards put in place in order for people to properly enjoy all that it has to offer.
For example, if there is a wish to try new foods, there are now ways to conduct an at home allergy test or two in order to identify if you are suffering from a severe allergic reaction or mild irritation. If there is an urge to hangout more outside. Some of the suggestions would be to drink more water, and wear cool clothing. However, what would be on the definitive list on what to look out for in order to get the most from the activities of summer months? Fortunately, for you dear reader the following notes should get you started on your quest to seize the day, and night, of summer.
Ways To Get Ready For The Summer
- If your aim is to be one with the sun this summer. You should at least try to stock up copious amounts of sunscreen. Sunburns are the last thing you want this summer, or any summer, trust me. Luckily there are plenty of choices between ultraviolet A (UVA) protection and ultraviolet B (UVB) protection, sun protection factor (SPF) 30 vs SPF 50, physical sunscreen vs chemical sunscreen and so on and so forth. The idea is to make sure your skin's health is still intact after whatever daytime sojourns you have planned.
- Remaining hydrated during the summer and the heat it wields, is a must. But this means more than just drinking water. The food consumed must also aid in the fight against all heat related maladies. Watermelons are, normally, so high with water that it helps regulate body temperatures. Watermelons also help with weight loss when coupled with exercise, most times outdoors enjoying the summertime, as the water content keeps you and your family satisfied on a few calories. Leafy vegetables are usually rich in carotenoids which the body converts into vitamin A. This helps in protecting the skin from the harmful UV rays. It also helps in mending dry skin by strengthening the skin's defenses against the sun.Mangoes are the perfect summer treat. Mostly, because as a summer fruit, it helps prevent heat strokes while being quite refreshing. It is also high on vitamins A and C which helps build the immune system.
- Speaking about the immune system, you won't believe how many people have no clue what they might have an allergic reaction to. Summer months bring about an increase in pollen count and thus more people being affected by hay fever and such. But what people should be particularly wary of is all the new food that will be on market during the summer. With all the new creative tweaks and combinations of the eight types of foods that are notorious for bringing out adverse allergic reactions in people: Shellfish, Milk, Eggs, Tree Nuts - almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, pecans, pistachios and walnuts, Soy, Wheat, Fish and Peanuts. It would be easy to not be vigilant in reading all labels if they include possible allergens. It is then good practice to be prepared with a few at home allergy tests to make doubly sure what is ingested is clear for everyone and if there is a reaction the suitable treatments can be sought.
- Maybe a nice long road trip is more up your alley. This means either driving your own car or taking the extra step of renting a nice vehicle just for the journey. Reserving a nice hotel or Airbnb in a completely new area code should tickle your adventure fancy. Remember what you choose to do doesn't have to trace back to you so have yourself a ball - maybe not too much fun. But yeah make the most of it, legally.
- Summer concert festivals were at one time all the rage. But all that fun came to a screeching halt when Covid became a global phenomenon - not in a good way either. However, I want to get the word out to you that epic stage shows are back on the calendar. So book your tickets right now and get yourself ready to enjoy your current favorite acts and some acts who will be your favorite after you see them perform live. As a safety measure, go ahead and invest in some event ticket insurance. As it covers the cost of a ticket if you can't attend an event for a certain reason such as traffic accidents, airline delays, illness or any plausible reason you can prove. Remember, to read the fine print, terms and conditions, of any policy before you sign to see what it includes. As there are times this type of insurance won't always cover you for a cancelled or postponed event. So choose wisely.
- Oh, and of course you should have already been exercising in order to get that 'summer body' ready for all your planned and spontaneous activities. It is always important that you find a good pair of shoes that fit your feet well. A good pair of shoes can prevent injuries such as ankle sprains and the like. If you wish to hike or even jog, a good pair of shoes is the right thing to invest in. The perfect way to put your best foot forward, pardon the pun.
Be mindful not to put yourself under too much undue pressure. As there will be plenty of time to get to everything and everyone during the summer months. And if you can maintain a sense of fun, then it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you are out there having fun. In the safest, most prepared way possible.