Love wearing shorts? But, not sure how to dress it up? Well, fret not. Try these shorts & shirts outfit ideas to dress up your shorts.
Shorts are comfortable, perfect for summers, but if you don't know how to carry them right, you risk looking like a slob.
WANT TO BUILD A TIMELESS CAPSULE WARDROBE? DOWNLOAD OUR GUIDE HERE
But, hey there are more ways to wear your shorts than just with flip-flops and tees.
To look sharp and well put together, try wearing your shorts with a cool casual/formal shirt.
But, before you that please keep following in your mind,
- You just can't wear your gym shorts with a shirt
- Choose cotton, linen or twill shorts
- Chinos shorts will work just right
- You short should not go beyond you knees
- If you can then you can opt for slightly short shorts but not as short as women's shorts (This depends on your confidence and well-toned thighs)
- Avoid wearing super formal dress shoes with your shorts & shirt outfit
- You can wear sneakers, loafers, or espadrilles
- Spice up your shorts & shirt outfits with some subtle accessories, such as cool sunglasses or watch or a bracelet.
- You can avoid the belt if you like, but the outfit looks much better with a belt.
Now, that we've covered the basics, it's time for some awesome inspiration.
I have curated 5 cool shorts & shirt outfit from this Dashing Blogger's Instagram account. Mali Karakurt is a fashion blogger from Germany and his Instagram account is a gold mine of simple yet powerful outfits. You should definitely check it out.
Ready to see some cool shorts & shirt outfit ideas?
Scroll below to check out 5 5 Dashing Shorts & Shirt Outfit Ideas For Men.
Men's Shorts & Shirts Outfit Ideas
- 1. ARMY GREEN SHORTS + DENIM SHIRT + WHITE SNEAKERS
- 2. ARMY GREEN SHORTS + WHITE SHIRT + WHITE SNEAKERS + SUNGLASSES & WATCH
- 3. NAVY CHINO SHORTS + WHITE & NAVY VERTICAL STRIPES SHIRT + WHITE SNEAKERS
- 4. GREY SHORTS + CRISP WHITE SHIRT + LEATHER SHOES + ROUND SUNGLASSES
- 5. BLACK CHINO SHORTS + DEEP BURGANDY SHIRT + VANS SNEAKERS
Types Of Men’s Shorts That Goes With Shirts
Below is a quick guide to different types of men’s shorts:
Chino shorts are made from chino cloth’s traditional cotton twill or a synthetic chino-cotton blend. Pair perfectly by wearing a shirt, such as a Dunder Mifflin t shirt, with a pair of stretchy and breathable chino shorts to attain that comfy casual look.
You can wear denim shorts all season long because they’re classic. Many denim shorts also come in trendier cuts for a modern casual look. Pair your denim shorts with a tribal or floral print shirt for afternoon outings or a white short-sleeved shirt for a night out downtown.
Walking shorts are worn slightly lower on the thigh or the knee. They’re easy to grab and slip into whenever you run errands. Walking shorts are versatile. You can wear one with your favorite shirt or polo and then layer on a sweater for air-conditioned spaces or in the evening. Moreover, pair your walking shorts with a long-sleeved button-down and blazer.
Cargo shorts have cargo pockets on both sides near the thigh. They go with short-sleeved button-down shirts or polo shirts. Choose loafers to complete your look.
So, how do you want to wear shorts and shirts? Following the tips and ideas above can help you stay fashionable without compromising comfort.
Similar Read: 5 AMAZING WHITE T-SHIRT & JEANS OUTFITS FOR MEN
1. Army Green Shorts + Denim Shirt + White Sneakers
2. Army Green Shorts + White Shirt + White Sneakers + Sunglasses & Watch
3. Navy Chino Shorts + White & Navy Vertical Stripes Shirt + White Sneakers
4. Grey Shorts + Crisp White Shirt + Leather Shoes + Round Sunglasses
5. Black Chino Shorts + Deep Burgandy Shirt + Vans Sneakers