They say the eyes are the windows of the soul. The eyes are one of the most important body parts and yet one of the most taken for granted. People do not value eye health much because they focus more on their cardiovascular health, blood chemistry, etc. But it is undeniable that life would be so hard if our eyes do not function well.
To maintain eye health, here are some things you can do.
First, eat healthily. There are foods with vitamins and nutrients that help in avoiding eyesight issues related to aging. Foods such as oily fish, salmon, kale, spinach, eggs, oranges, and oysters are the best options for eye health. These foods contain vitamins and nutrients like vitamin E, C, lutein, and zinc to name a few.
It is also essential that we keep watch on our health. Obesity and type 2 diabetes affect vision and sometimes cause blindness.
Second, stop unhealthy habits like smoking. Smoking causes injury to the optic nerve, loss of central vision, and more.
Third, use safety eyewear when playing sports or when exposed to anything that would likely cause eye trauma. You can use safety glasses, helmets with full face masks, or protective goggles.
Fourth, modulate your usage of devices such as laptops and cellphones. Using them for extended period results in eyestrain, dry eyes, blurred vision, nearsightedness, and headaches. There is available eyewear that can avoid these eye issues. There are anti-radiation glasses or computer glasses. It is also necessary to place the monitor or laptop at eye level. Blink regularly and if dry eyes occur, use moisturizer drops. Lastly, turn away from the screen now and then. The advisable is every twenty minutes. Mobilize yourself every two hours, and take a breather for at least 15 minutes.
Fifth, have an eye check-up regularly. The advantage of regular eye examinations is you get to ensure that your eyes are in good shape. It is also for ruling out eye disorders like glaucoma which usually do not manifest themselves. Other eye conditions, like astigmatism, myopia, presbyopia, etc. can also be ruled out. The more you get your eye check, the easier it is to detect issues and the faster they will be managed.
Lastly, wear sunglasses. If you buy prescription sun glasses for your eyes, you will have protection from the UV rays of the sun and the blue rays. Contact lenses that protect the eyes from UV Rays are also available.
WHY DO YOU NEED PRESCRIPTION SUNGLASSES?
Here are the reasons why eyeglasses are essential.
Sunglasses are not only for shielding the eyes from ultraviolet rays but also to protect the eyes from dust, fragments, and even insects that may irritate them.
UV Rays are always around
Whether the sun is shining or not, UV rays are always around. So it would be good to have sunglasses as a precaution.
Sunglasses mask your tired or sore eyes.
Be it sore from crying or from bacteria, sunglasses help you hide them from curious onlookers.
You need a new pair.
Sunglasses are not only for aesthetic or fashion purposes. Most people have a lot of sunglasses to keep up with the trend however, using an old one may cause problems in the eyesight. Sunglasses must be updated instead of outdated.
- Prescription sunglasses have polarized lenses.
This feature helps in diminishing glaring and enhancing the clarity of eyesight.
- Prescription sunglasses can help correct myopia and hyperopia.
Sunglasses must also be prescribed and not just something that caught your attention because of their aesthetic appearance or their trendiness.
- If you prefer glasses to contact lenses.
Wearing contact lenses can be irritating. You will need to take a breather from them now and then.
- Prescription Sunglasses are good for both indoors and outdoors.
Prescription eyewear provides sharp vision even when outside.
- Prescription Sunglasses can be customized.
Every person has unique tastes. Prescription sunglasses can be personalized, from color to tint. The glasses will be made to fit the preference of the client to the materials to be used on the glasses. They can ask to use scratch-resistant material on lenses or photochromatic or transition lenses.
Some people think that buying plain sunglasses is enough, but the trust is, that prescription glasses are more helpful. The lenses are created to fit the need or the visual concern of the client. For us to further understand, let us check the types of prescription glasses.
TYPES OF PRESCRIPTION GLASSES
1. First, we have single-vision prescription glasses designed for correcting myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. The entire lens has equal visual correcting properties. There are also single-vision reading glasses.
2. Second, we have multifocal lenses designed for those who have eyesight issues not only limited to single vision problems.
3. Third, we have bifocal prescription glasses in which the lenses have two prescriptions in one lens, catering to both distance and near vision,
4. Fourth, we have progressive lenses. Similar to the multifocal ones, it caters to myopia, hyperopia, and intermediate visual concerns.
5. Fifth, we have the computer glasses, purposely created for use when staring at gadgets for long periods due to the nature of the work.
6. Lastly, we have the reading prescription glasses. Most of the time, reading causes eye strain. But reading glasses must not be bought from a fancy store but must be tailor-made for the client.
The wrong kind of glasses produces more harm than good. Choose to purchase prescription glasses because they will be created depending on your need or visual condition.