Divorce takes much effort and time, so that one may get finished with no desire to move on. Having completed divorce applications forms and other documents, gone through all agreements, discussions, and hearings, completed all the requirements, you are often left devastated and left with no sense to live on.
To avoid such damaging thoughts and find power and enthusiasm for building up a bright future, you need to realize that the end of your relationships and marriage is not the end of your life.
Take it as just another stage of your life, as maybe an unpleasant, but useful experience. Realize that in a global sense your divorce is not such a disastrous thing as it may seem. Find your calling and try t make difference by little things.
Divorce Is Harmful to the Earth
Being concentrated on your personal issues, you may not even notice, that your divorce procedure is bringing harm to nature and the world overall. Tons of paper waste, exhaust fumes, extra commutes and expenses that don’t help the ecosystem. Have a look at common crimes you commit to the Earth while getting divorced.
- Paper waste - filing for divorce requires filling out and signing multiple forms. Alongside you need several copies of the same documents, receipts and supportive forms for more difficult cases. This all creates a great paper waste, which results in deforestation on the global level.
- Harmful commute - if you use your car for moving around the town, you will definitely increase the exhaust fumes level in the course of divorce and afterward. Handing documents, commuting to hearings or meetings, moving home and many more things will do no good to the atmosphere.
- Fresh bad start - when people get divorced or separated they often move houses. This means you will have a separate householding and if it is not eco-friendly, you will make a total waste doubled.
There is no point in depression, mourning or being numb on any stage of your divorce or when it is finished. Better concentrate your thoughts and energy on making your divorce green and get an eco-lifestyle from now on.
Care about Things that Really Matter
Personal issues are less significant than a place where you live, a world which you leave for descending generation, an impact you have on our planet in general. By changing your attitude to minor things you may make a big difference to the whole world. These are several ideas to change the world for a better place for living.
- Get it digitized - with modern tools we have multiple options to handle electronic documentation. Many states and counties give the opportunity for e-filing on the official websites. Most Offices admit electronic forms, so you need to print out only pages that need to be signed, scan and send everything via, e-mail or fax. Don’t make paper copies, electronic ones can also be stored in a separate folder with the other documents on your computer or flashdrive. There are more ideas to reduce paper waste, add your options and save forests.
- Use online services - do it yourself divorce kit provides you not only with a cheap way to get divorced but also supports your eco-friendly lifestyle. You get all papers online, use online support services instead of live meetings, send all documents via online services, get tips and useful articles with no paper waste and extra commutes.
- Move greenly - using a car for moving around to fix all the divorce issues, commuting to hearings and trials, delivering documents by car will increase pollution of the ecosystem you produce. Share a car with your lawyer or ex-spouse when commuting to court or meetings, use public transport, file for divorce without a lawyer to decrease the number of engaged people. Finally, going on foot will save the atmosphere and get fit.
- Share custodial needs - if you have children and participate in the co-parenting program, it is very important to share common needs to reduce waste. There is no necessity for both parents to buy clothes, toys and other children’s belongings if you can share the same things.
- Lead eco-friendly lifestyle - when you are to begin a new life after the divorce is finished, think about making it as green as possible. Find an eco-friendly house, reduce water and electricity usage, do the gardening to have your source of fresh fruits and vegetable and get an interesting hobby. It is also good to explore your neighbourhood and participate in eco-friendly businesses. There you will find not only green goods and services but an eco-friendly society to communicate with.
Set the priorities correctly and care to leave a positive imprint behind you. Understand that what you do really matters and if you care about your environment even on the local level, it will have a positive impact globally.
Make a Difference
Divorce procedure may devastate not only you but natural resources around you. Instead of being concentrated on things you’ve lost with the end of your marriage, dwell on things you may create and make a difference to the whole world. Browse for more green ideas even on divorce platforms, such as https://onlinedivorcer.com/online-divorce-michigan. If you want to be a part of an eco-friendly society, start from the minor details in your divorce and then it will grow into habits. And your good habits may change the planet for the better.
Greg Semmit has years of experience working with different types of legal documents and writing about Family Law for educational purposes. In his free time, he likes roaming the streets of New York with his Olympus making photos of the best spots in the city.