Chances are, you might have seen a video on TikTok about medical professionals performing twists and bends on their patients. These methods often produce a loud crackling sound that many find oddly satisfying. These professionals are called Chiropractors, and you’ve just seen a video of a chiropractic session.
Chiropractic is a form of alternative medicine that focuses on treating, diagnosing, and preventing certain illnesses through spinal and joint adjustments. Proponents of chiropractic also stress that the spine can affect the overall well-being of a person. People who experience low back pain often consult chiropractors for treatment. Neck and head problems are also common causes for visiting them.
Laser Therapy and Chiropractic Treatment
As chiropractors often focus on treating and preventing illnesses through joint manipulation and adjustments, they have also begun using lasers. The lasers that chiropractors use are safe and are known as cold lasers.
Laser therapy is 100% non-invasive and relieves any persistent pains a patient might have. If you’re living in North York or have plans to visit, Doctor Gold offers laser therapy at his North York office. Make sure to visit their clinic if you want help with massage therapy, chiropractic care, and laser therapy.
What Does Laser Therapy Do?
With more advances in the field, chiropractors are using lasers to stimulate cellular interactions within your body. These interactions, in turn, increase the body’s ability to speed up natural healing. Aside from these amazing benefits, lasers can also be used to treat certain conditions such as:
Athletes who often suffer sprains end up with swelling and pain. Over time, the skin often becomes discolored. The inflammation places pressure on the area, making it more painful. The light these lasers emit can improve blood flow to injured areas, significantly improving healing and reducing inflammation.
Patients who suffer from pain from arthritis feel relief from low-level laser therapy. Instead of using pain relievers, a good alternative would be to opt for laser therapy.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal tunnel syndrome is a common condition in people who work with computers. Due to the length of time and pressure created by the way their hands are positioned, people develop this painful condition. Low-level therapy reduces inflammation and helps stimulate the affected tissue to begin healing.
Benefits of Chiropractic Laser Therapy
Aside from speeding up healing, there are other benefits people should know about when getting this treatment. With chiropractic laser therapy, you can get benefits such as:
- Greatly reduce muscle pain and spasms
- Helps with ROM or Range of Motion
- Lessens Inflammation
- Improves Circulation
- Aids Nerve Regeneration
- Improves Metabolism
- Enables the body to recover from injuries with stronger muscle tissues
- Relaxes Muscles
With more advances and research done over time, chiropractors using laser therapy may be able to enhance their chiropractic treatment.
Things to Know Before Undergoing Laser Therapy
Here are some things to consider before going for this kind of therapy:
- For people with tattoos, special precautions are taken. The laser might heat the ink in the affected area if it’s tattooed. The risk of burn is often increased. Those with tattoos, however, aren’t discouraged from getting laser therapy. Certain modifications are done that will minimize the discomfort that comes along with the procedure.
- Those with preexisting skin conditions that take certain medications need to inform their chiropractors beforehand. Some medications may increase an area’s photosensitivity which may result in a burn.
- Patients need to wear special eyewear during a procedure to protect their eyes.
- People with cancer aren’t allowed to undergo laser therapy as it can worsen the condition.
- People with pacemakers can undergo laser therapy if the affected area isn’t near or over the pacemaker.
- Pregnant women should not undergo laser therapy as it could have negative effects on their pregnancy.
If you’re experiencing discomfort in your body and it is getting worse over time, you may need to consult with chiropractors and ask about laser therapy. The things mentioned above will hopefully enable you to consider this new, cutting-edge technology.