Chiropractic treatment/adjustment is a way of improving spinal motion and body physical function. It is performed by trained specialists(chiropractors) with their hands or small instruments by applying a sudden force to spinal joints in such a controlled way that it gives you relief from pain and other physical complications.
What Exactly Does A Chiropractor Do?
Chiropractic adjustment is based on the theory that proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, especially the spinal cord, will help the body to heal itself without surgery or medication.
Spinal manipulation helps restore mobility to joints that get restricted by tissue injury caused by traumatic events, such as falling or repetitive stress. With the help of the best chiropractor in NYC, you can be sure that your back pain will be treated effectively. This type of therapy focuses on providing relief from pain in alternative muscle tissue, bones, joints, and connective tissues such as ligaments, tendons, and cartilage. Sometimes it is also used in conjunction with conventional medical treatment.
Before starting the treatment, a chiropractor may ask you to go under specific medical tests in order to make sure chiropractic treatment will be beneficial for your back pain. The medical tests may involve physical examinations, lab tests, or diagnostic imaging. The chiropractor singapore will be able to determine exactly what is necessary.
Chiropractic treatment primarily involves one or more manual adjustments for manipulating the joints with controlled, sudden force to improve range and quality of motion. It may also incorporate nutritional counseling and exercises/rehabilitation. The main motive for chiropractic treatment involves the restoration of function and prevention of injury and back pain relief.
What Percentage Of The Population Uses Chiropractic?
Back pain is one of the most frequent complaints to the doctor in the United States and all over the world. But when we talk of the U.S, 65 million Americans have reported recent episodes of back pain to the doctors, says the Health Policy Institute, Washington DC.
Among this, 16 million adults(8% of all adults) suffer from persistent or chronic back pain they have to encounter in their day-to-day activities. These statistics made chronic back pain the sixth most costly condition in the United States.
As a result, 22 million Americans visit chiropractors every year. Out of these, 7.7 million(35%) got relief from back pain due to various causes, such as accidents, sports injuries, and muscle strains related to pain in the neck, arms, legs, and headaches.
When To See A Chiropractor For Back Pain?
Having concern about your back pain is good and infectious. Despite struggling with pain for weeks, it is better to consult with a highly skilled chiropractor that can effectively help you get relief from pain.
It is recommended to consult with the chiropractor(or GP) once you start experiencing the following symptoms or before they become severe:-
- Severe or intense pain, especially while lying down or at night.
- If you start feeling the pain radiating down on your both legs.
- Feeling weak, numb, or tingled in one or both of your legs.
- If you start losing weight unintentionally.
- If you develop redness or swelling at the site of your pain.
If the condition gets severe and includes the following symptoms, do call 000:-
- Back pain after severe injuries, such as car accident, fall, or major sports injury
- Uncertain bowel or bladder control issues that weren’t pre-existing
If you're suffering from frequent migraines or headaches, professional migraine specialist can assist you in feeling better and teaching you how to maintain that way! The best chiropractor not only provide the solution for muscle issues but also helps to overcome migraine.
Who Should Not Use Chiropractic?
Chiropractic treatment is not meant for every individual, that is the reason why people need to go under certain medical checkups in order to make sure that treatment will be good for you or not.
People with the following symptoms should not go for chiropractic treatment, such as:-
- Thinning of bones(osteoporosis)
- If you have a lack of strength or numbness in your arm
- In case you have cancer in your spine
- If you are at a higher risk of stroke
- In case of abnormality in the upper neck
Chiropractic adjustment can lead to severe complications if the chiropractor is not well trained or licensed to deliver chiropractic care. However, severe complications are very rare in the case of chiropractic treatment, but those rare ones can lead to the following symptoms:-
- Worsening of an existing disk herniation or development of a herniated disk
- Compression of lower spinal cord nerves
- A stroke after neck manipulation
Surprising Benefits Of Chiropractic Care
You enter the chiropractor’s office with some health complications, but it does end up when you leave. To prove this, we will be going to let you know about some of the surprising benefits of chiropractic adjustments, such as:-
- Blood Pressure: Chiropractic treatment helps adjust the abnormal blood pressure, and the effect of the therapy persists for 6 months after the treatment.
Even a study published in the Human Journal of Hypertension showed that the effect of chiropractic treatment is similar to the effect of blood pressure medicine on the body. Chiropractic treatment has no side effects like blood pressure medicines, such as fatigue, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, and weight loss.
- Get Relief From Neck & Back Pain: This is well known to the patient that he/she will get relief from neck and back pain. Almost 80% of Americans experience some sort of pain in their neck or lower back in their entire life.
Such complications can also be treated with medications and surgeries, but they involve high costs and a higher risk of unwanted side effects. All these risks are not associated with chiropractic treatment.
- Get Relief From Scoliosis: Scoliosis is a condition of abnormal curvature of the spine that can further lead to pain, abnormal posture, a reduction in your range of motion, and even trouble to breathe.
Most such cases have only a few options to get treated, but chiropractic treatment has been shown beneficial in such complications.
- Sciatica Pain Relief: It is a condition in which the pain radiates from the lower back down onto the legs because of the damaged or pressured sciatic nerve. Such complications can lead to over-medicating and chronic pain that can easily be treated with chiropractic treatment.
- Reduce inflammation: Inflammation is one of the leading causes of pain, tension, and joints issues that can result in several health complications, such as heart disease, chronic pain, and cancer.
Chiropractic treatment helps resolve such health complications and leads to multiple health benefits, such as chronic lower back pain, reduced muscle tension, relief from joint pain, headache relief, improved neurological complications, etc.
Getting adjustment treatment is a great way to treat specific health complications at a low cost and, most importantly, without medications and side effects. In fact, surgeries and medications can be dangerous and expensive. You can also know more about Generic Medicines in USA .