As a young person, you may find that your skin is constantly breaking out. In this case, you tend to find print products to help clear your skin and give you newfound confidence!
Tips for teen acne treatment
Just like any teenager, it is very common for their skin to break out, whether it is due to hormones, poor personal hygiene, scratching of your face, or using products that are harmful to your long term health, teenagers are especially susceptible to dry skin, flaky skin, oily skin, or constant acne. Prevent acne scars and long-term skin conditions by being proactive in your teen years to figure out how to best clean your skin, avoid oily skin, and get rid of any pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and spots on your face! You can start your acne treatment journey with an acne starter kit that you can buy online from Kidskin.
What is acne?
First, you might be wondering - what is acne, and how does it occur? Acne is a type of puberty-induced skin condition that is very common in teenagers. By increasing the reproduction of a hormone called androgen, it increases the sebum - or the oil - on your skin. Excess oil can cause you to begin touching your face, acne to break out, and other skin openings to cause dirt and debris to consider. When dirt comes inside your skin, it can cause irritation, acne, and build-up of toxins that lead to skin inflammation.
What to know before creating your teen acne treatment
Before you can look into the best teen acne treatment for your needs, you need to know a few things before beginning your treatment. Since there are different types of acne, different degrees of acne seriousness, and different recommendation options, you need to know what kind of acne you have before seeking the best teen acne treatment for your skin.
- Figure out the goal of your treatment - is the goal to reduce the oil on your skin, or is the goal to reduce breakouts and prevent breakouts?
- Make sure that you make an effort to research the right teen acne treatment for your skin and give it time to work - have the patience to see a tear through before choosing a new one.
- Be dedicated and responsible when it comes to your teen acne treatment - make sure you continue with all the steps and avoid skipping days of washing your face and using the treatment.
- Do not pick at your skin or try to pop the acne - this can cause blistering, acne scars, and much more.
- Avoid using laser hair removal during acne treatment.
Treatment tips for mild acne
If you only have mild acne - like most teenagers - you can use the basic teen acne treatment. In this case, keep the following tips in mind:
- If you have dry skin, try using exfoliating and moisturizing creams that avoid drying out your skin even more.
- If you have oily skin, try gentle products that will avoid irritating the sebum production.
- If the cream is not working and the teenage acne treatment is failing, try a new product or oral antibiotics.
- A product that may help would be azelaic acid serum for acne.
Sometimes, you may have to try new teenage skin treatments to find the one that works best for your skin type. If you have oily skin, you may have a different treatment option than dry skin. Whatever skin you have, do some reach to find the best teen acne treatment for your needs.