Marijuana is not as harmful as many people still believe it is. Marijuana can be helpful for a number of medical conditions. Cannabis is still illegal on the federal level however more and more states are legalizing this herb for recreational and/or medical use. if you are someone who is curious about marijuana or if you are considering using it for recreational purposes, then this blog post is for you because we will discuss some of the basics of marijuana including which method of consumption is healthiest, how to control the high and the ideal environment to enjoy cannabis in to name a few.
Not all marijuana has the same THC content
The first thing you need to know is that not all marijuana strains contain the same level of THC and that some strains contain higher levels of THC content. With that in mind, you must always start slowly as a first-timer. Regardless of your preferred strain, you should start slowly to assess your tolerance level and the way your body and mind react to cannabis. From here, you can slowly increase your intake.
When looking at strains, you must know the difference between THC and CBD because some strains contain a higher THC: CBD ratio and vice versa. THC is the main active ingredient found in marijuana that is responsible for the psychoactive effects and has some health benefits such as pain relief. On the other hand, CBD is the other main active ingredient that does not induce any psychoactive effects but is famed for its many health benefits and ability to treat several medical conditions.
Try different consumption methods
When people think of marijuana they automatically think about smoking, however, there are many more consumption methods available now at retailers like Daily High Club. A few alternatives for you to try include:
- Dry Herb Vaporizers: Dry herb vaporizers are a great alternative to smoking, and they come in a variety of shapes and sizes. If you're looking for a new way to enjoy your dry herbs, then a vaporizer is the perfect option.
- Bongs: There are many different types of bongs, but they all share one common goal: to provide a smooth smoking experience. Bongs can be made from a variety of materials, including glass, bamboo, and ceramic.
- Edibles: This is an oral method of consumption that involves consuming food and drinks containing cannabis. This method is healthy because the cannabis gets processed in your digestive system and liver without any smoke.
- Tinctures: Tinctures is a liquid made from dissolving cannabis herbs in alcohol and is consumed sublingually. Again, no smoke is involved as the cannabis gets into your bloodstream via the nerves underneath the tongue.
- CBD oil: This is cannabis extract combined with a carrier oil and is popular in the medical marijuana community. CBD oil can be consumed orally and is a safe and effective form of consumption.
Don’t try to get high
Never enter into your cannabis session with the sole intention of getting high. Consuming cannabis is an experience and not just a means to an end so if you are solely focused on achieving a high, you are robbing yourself of an authentic experience. You might also make the mistake of consuming too much cannabis on your quest for highness and this could lead to your session being ruined by lethargy, laziness, and sleepiness.
Prepare water and snacks
Cannabis is known to increase one's appetite and there is even a famous word coined by stoners to describe this called “munchies”. To optimize your experience, ensure that you have a few snacks on hand to satisfy the munchies and also keep some water nearby because cannabis is known to cause dry mouth and thirst. Also, ensure you consume water before the session even begins to avoid dehydration. The chemical reaction in our brain when it interacts with THC is the cause of the infamous munchies.
Be in a comfortable environment
Finally, you want to ensure you are in a comfortable environment when smoking cannabis because your surroundings have the power to turn your trip bad and a bad trip means feeling uncomfortable and experiencing anxiety. To create an ideal environment, focus on comfortable seating as well as ambient lighting such as candlelight, fairy lights, or even LED lights. You should also invest in incense or scented candles to stimulate your senses during your session and most importantly, be around someone you trust during your session for an optimized experience.