If you love rowing, you have probably heard your friends arguing about the Concept 2 and the Hydrow. While both rowers are ideal exercise tools, some prefer the Concept 2 to the Hydrow. Others will stick to the Hydrow. So, which rower should you get? Should it be the Concept 2, or should it be the Hydrow? This article will compare and contrast these two pieces of equipment in hopes that you'll better understand the brands, what they are good for, and which one you should get. Here are the benefits of the Concept 2 vs. the Hydrow.
Benefits of the Concept 2
- Body Impact. The Concept 2 offers a low impact on your joints. So, it exercises more of your body muscles without too much strain to be put on you. It also has many different workouts with their benefits, but if you do not have 30 minutes, you can do 20 minutes. If you do not have 20 minutes, you can always take 10, 5, or 2 minutes sitting breaks in between.
- Customer Service. Concept 2 is a company with great customer service and can help you if you have any questions about its products. They also offer free shipping, so you do not need to worry about costs adding up when purchasing this product.
- Cost. The Concept 2 retails for $900 with standard legs and $1000 with tall legs. However, these prices do not include taxes or shipping. If you purchase it directly from the company, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund. This machine also comes with a 5-year frame warranty and a 2-year limited warranty on parts. However, you must contact the company and reference the machine’s serial number to take advantage of the warranty.
Benefits of the Hydrow
- Costs. The Hydrow retails at around $2600 with a $43 monthly subscription. Is the machine worth the money? The answer to this question depends on your circumstance. The amount is expensive if you are also looking for a gym membership. However, the investment is worth every penny if you need convenient exercise to fit your schedule.
- Classes. The Hydrow offers over 2500 live classes and on-demand sessions. The shortest live class is five minutes, while the longest is 90 minutes. The machine utilizes live outdoor reality technology that enables you to participate in open water rows in beautiful locations. You can choose your class based on your favorite music, instructor, or exercise goals.
- Body Impact. Rowing is tough, but it is the most efficient all-over body workout. The Hydrow exercises 86% of muscles in one session with a 70% AEROBIC and 30% strength ratio. Rowing requires significant lower body strength, strong core, and decent upper body strength to row with power.
The Concept 2 vs. the Hydrow
Founded in 1976, the Concept 2 is the grandfather of the indoor rowing industry. The Concept 2 is the best-selling indoor rowing machine, and it is more affordable than the Hydrow. The Hydrow is technologically advanced equipment packed with the latest features. Most people love the live classes designed and delivered by professional trainers.
When it comes to the price, the two pieces of equipment couldn’t be further apart. The Hydrow tops the list with a retail price of $2600 and a monthly membership fee. The Concept 2 is ideal for people who do not want to spend much. The only investment you need is the buying price since there is no membership fee.
If you are concerned about the size, both rowers are similar in overall dimensions. So, always make accurate measurements of your home gym space before selecting the right rower. The Hydrow is also a silent machine since it utilizes a responsive and dynamic resistance system that is electronically controlled.
The Concept 2 is practical and functional since former Olympic rowers designed it. The founders incorporated their experience and expertise in the machine, resulting in an authentic rower. The Hydrow designers chose sophistication and elegance and left no stone unturned when engineering the device with performance. This effort resulted in a stylish and durable rower.
Which fitness machine is right for you? Each piece of equipment has its pros and cons. So, you must consider several factors before settling for one. However, choosing between the two depends on your preference. Ensure you read reviews from trusted sources like DynasysTech and write down what you like and dislike in each machine. The summary will help you select the best device to meet your fitness needs.