Jewelry is often associated with women and femininity. However, these stereotypes are now breaking as accessorizing is becoming a rising trend among men. You can find numerous male artists, influencers, and even common men styling accessories such as rings, bracelets, and necklaces with their outfits to look good. It also helps enhance their masculine bodies.
Nonetheless, for many men wearing jewelry is still a new concept. Thus, understanding what piece of jewelry should be worn with which outfit and at what occasion is important. If you also desire to know the same, you’ve come to the right place! Continue reading to learn about accessorizing for different occasions.
Accessorizing For Special Day
Getting dressed for special occasions means an opportunity to experiment with suits. Whether you are going for a fancy dinner or to your engagement, adding little bling will surely not hurt. Not to mention, there are a variety of jewel options that you can wear on special occasions. It can vary from men’s engagement rings and bracelets to cufflinks, pins, and more. Below are a few tips for styling these statement pieces:
- Use tie pins and cufflinks if you wish to go for subtle accessorizing. It will help make your suit or attire look stunning. It is also a great idea if you have just started including accessories in your style.
- If you want the highlight of your outfit to be your jewelry, you should go with chains and bracelets. You can get a bold chain or multiple minimalistic chains for a layered look. Nevertheless, make sure to wear a plain shirt or t-shirt underneath, so your accessories grab all the attention.
- When in doubt, you should go with your engagement ring. The sparkly diamond is nearly effortless to style and gives you a good conversation starter, especially during fancy dinners.
Accessorizing For Office/Work
Generally, offices or workplaces have dress codes according to different formality scales ranging from casual clothing to formal. For styling statement pieces for the office, you need to choose between two categories- Functional and Ornament.
- Functional pieces include shirt studs, cufflinks, collar retainers, tie clips, and pins. These are suitable for formal and semi-formal styling.
- Ornament pieces include rings, lapel pins, necklaces, earrings, and bracelets. These are ideal for semi-formal and casual styling. Nevertheless, as you are in the office, make sure the design selected is simple or minimalistic.
Accessorizing For Casual Day
Lastly, if you are dressing up casually for movies, coffee dates, or shopping, you have the freedom to experiment with different accessories and styles. Here, you can also go overboard with different accessories to create a funky look.
For instance, if you are going out with your fiance, you can wear your engagement ring, along with small minimalistic rings. Likewise, you can mix and match different chains to create a contemporary look. In case you have an ear piercing, you can wear long earrings with a graphic t-shirt for a street-style look.
Wrapping It All Up
Adding jewelry to your outfits can help instantly uplift your overall look, and professional jewelry photography will help you choose the right items. So, make sure to follow this guide and choose the right statement piece for the right occasion.