Your dog can’t talk to you, and when they feel pain, they tend to become lethargic, disturbed or agitated. Naturally, you want to find the best remedy to ease your dog's aches and pains to restore its energetic self.
CBD oil is hailed as an effective treatment for humans and animals alike for many ailments backed by scientific evidence. If you’re trying to buy the best joint supplements for dogs that have other benefits too, CBD oil is the ideal choice.
With CBD oil becoming increasingly popular for both humans and pets, it’s time to check if using this product will improve your dog’s health.
Benefits of CBD Oil for Dogs
Many dog owners have testified that using CBD oil for their dogs has given immense health benefits and relief to their beloved pets. The benefits include:
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Gives pain relief
- Promotes Joint Health
- Help in controlling seizures
- Appetite Stimulation
- Possible Anti-cancer effects
- Anti-anxiety and allergy relief
- It gives a healthy shine to your dog's fur
Ingredients in CBD Oil
CBD oil is accompanied by any carrier oil to be absorbed better into the body. Potential carrier oils that you can find are MCT oil, grapeseed oil, and sunflower oil.
The best joint supplements for dogs contain various natural ingredients, including Frankincense, that reduce pain and stiffness for dogs. Turmeric is used to reduce joint stiffness and aches. Cinnamon and Hawthorn are also ideal additives in CBD oil for dogs with arthritis.
Dosage and Administration for Your Dog
Every dog requires a different dosage of CBD oil, dependent on its physiology, age, metabolism, and ailment type.
You can administer 9 to 18 mg of CBD daily for dogs with joint pain or if your dog is in extreme pain. If your pet is still in pain after fifteen minutes, administer the same dosage once again for relief.
You can administer CBD oil to your dog in three ways:
- Application on Gums: Applying the oil directly to your dog’s gums is an effective and cost-efficient method. It is absorbed directly into the bloodstream faster than any other method.
- Through Food: This method takes longer and has less effect. It goes through the digestive tract and is then filtered, making it less potent when it reaches the body parts where your dog is feeling pain.
- Rubbing it onto your dog’s ears: If your dog is hesitant to take the oil orally or in their food, you can apply the product directly onto their inner ear. It may take a while for it to reach their bloodstream, and the effect would be less.
Give Relief to Your Dog with CBD Oil
CBD oil can give immediate relief to your dog when they're in pain, suffering from a disease, or undergoing treatment. Ensure that professionals have approved the product you're planning to buy for use on dogs.
CBD oil obtained from hemp plants will not cause any intense side effects to your pet. Your pet might feel a bit disorientated at high doses, but this quickly passes when the dosage becomes regular.
Numerous tests have concluded that CBD oil seems safe and effective for your pets. There are no permanent side effects to the product and potentially guarantee relief from joint pain.