Have you ever felt the need to switch up your looks? Fashion is evolving almost every second and it's kind of hard to keep up with all its new innovations. However we've got you covered on one front - hair styles. Natural hair wigs are a delightful way to change your style and still protect your natural hair. There are so many wig options in the market right now so it is alright if you get confused or undecided on which styles to go for.
Why Lace Front Wig?
The front lace wig is designed to allow for proper ventilation. The wig has a breathable cap that allows for easy passage of air into your scalp, this helps to prevent skin irritation and itching that might be caused by heat, as is common in some regular wigs.
If you have thinning scalp, lace front wigs offer a solution. The wig can help you preserve your dignity and make up for the thinning scalp as it helps manage your bald hairline. Another quality of front lace wigs that keep being emphasized is its versatility that is with lace front wigs your styling options are innumerable.
You can decide to go for any style from low ponytails, fishtail braids, top buns, side parts and so on. The incredible thing is that no matter the styling option, the hair still retains its allure and maintains its realistic look. You can also decide to change the part that lies on your front lace wig as your style requires and you don’t have to worry about a skewed hairline.
As a wig is an important fashion item you may decide to change colors at any time to fit your mood, clothes or personality. With front lace wigs you don’t have to worry about that, you can switch up colors at any time with a lace front wig and not have to worry about damaging your hair.
If you are to pull off a proper natural look with your lace front wig, it is required that you attach sew-ins so that the wig can better stick to the scalp. Even with sew-ins lace front wigs give your hairline a natural look without causing damage to the scalp and your hair.
Lace front wigs are relatively durable and last for a considerable amount of time. With proper maintenance and care, you should be able to wear your lace front wig for up to a year. You can store your wig by putting it in a satin sealable bag or placing it on a synthetic head in order to prevent tangles and rough texture.
Styling of Lace Front Wigs
If you've got to buy a wig, why not buy one that offers a host of complementary styling options? Lace front wigs are highly versatile and this is mostly because the hairline can be made to fit and resemble your natural hairline. Lace front wigs are perfect for any dress, style or concept as they can be worn in any fashion. This includes a ponytail, top bun, low bun, fishtail braid and so on. You can also decide to wear your wig free and loose while still maintaining that alluring, classic and natural look.
Different Ways to Style Your Lace Front Wigs
Knowing the different ways to style your lace front wig can be very important, especially if you find yourself tired of rocking the same style of hairstyle every week. Here we will help you master the act of styling your lace front wigs, the first style we are going to introduce is:
The french braid is a popular hairstyle that gives you a sleek and classic look. You can replicate this look with your lace front wig. Making a french braid might seem hard but the steps are quite simple. Here's your guide to making a french braid with your lace front wig:
- Split up your lace front wig into top and bottom half segments
- Separate the top half of the wig into 3 equal sized strands.
- Take the right strand in your right hand, the left strand in your left hand and hold the middle strand down with your thumb
- Weave the hair together by taking the left strand of your lace front wig and crossing it between the right and the middle one. Be careful not to pull the sections roughly so as not to damage your wig cap.
- Continue the step above by adding same sized strands of hair to the right and the left strands till the end
- Leave about two inches of hair free and unbraided, then secure it with a hairband or tie.
The long-layered cut is a more complicated hairstyle. Perfecting this hairstyle requires more patience and focus than the previous two because even a little mistake can damage your look. For this hair style, your hair will require some trimming, the tresses will be cut in layers to add hair volume and also complement your face structure. Here's how you can achieve a long-layered cut with your lace front wig:
- Wash and condition your hair before starting the hairdo process
- Gather or pack all your hair in one bunch and hold them with a clip
- Release an inch of your wig hair from the lower bottom and cut it using a pair of scissors
- Release the upper layer by an inch and cut it slightly above the bottom layer
- Repeat the above step across all layers. Trim them in such a way that each one stands out sharply.
- Release the hair gathered on the crown and part it from the center. Take one half and cut it straight to have an uneven look.
- Take the other half of the wig and repeat the step above; cut the wig in equal length to the first half
- Complete the look by combing your wig hair and pressing it straight.
How to Style Your Wig Without Ruining It.
The following are steps to ensuring that your wig styling is done well and that you don't ruin your wig in the process.
- Use well serviced and sharp tools. Ensure that scissors and blades are sharp before using them. Using blunt scissors can lead to rough edges on wigs
- Do not strain the wig, this might damage the wig cap
- While some styles are the classic DIY, you should read the instructions well so as not to damage the wig while styling it.
Wigs are an essential fashion item, they also help protect your hair from harm. Wigs are also important as you don't need to go through the hassle of making your hair every week, you can switch up your style by simply buying a lace front wig and styling yourself. When styling your wig it is important that you do not strain the wig too hard in order to avoid tears in the wig cap.