The average American office worker spends around 1,700 hours a year at their desk. That’s a lot of time in a potentially germ-ridden environment. Germs can cause all sorts of illnesses, from the common cold to more serious infections.
Office cleaning helps reduce staff sickness by reducing the amount of bacteria in the office environment. By regularly cleaning surfaces and removing clutter, you can help keep your office healthy and your staff productive.
10 Office cleaning tips!
Cleaning your office regularly doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Clean your desk and computer keyboard regularly. Germs can accumulate on your keyboard over time, so it’s important to give it a good clean once a week. Use a disinfectant wipe or spray to clean the keys and the surrounding area. Don’t forget to clean your desk too! A quick wipe with a cloth and some disinfectant cleaner will help keep germs at bay.
- Wipe down your phone regularly. Phones are another common place for germs to accumulate. Use a disinfectant wipe or spray to clean the handset and the keypad.
- Clean the break room often. The break room is often a hot spot for germs, so it’s important to clean it regularly. Make sure to disinfect all surfaces, including the coffee pot, microwave, and refrigerator.
- Vacuum and mop often. Dust and dirt can contribute to the growth of bacteria, so it’s important to vacuum and mop your office regularly. Be sure to pay special attention to high-traffic areas like doorways and hallways.
- Dispose of trash properly. Trash can be a breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure you dispose of it properly. Place trash in lined garbage cans and dispose of it often.
- Encourage hand washing. Handwashing is one of the best ways to prevent the spread of bacteria. Make sure your office has plenty of soap and paper towels, and encourage employees to wash their hands often.
- Set up a sick day policy. If someone in your office is sick, it’s important to have a plan in place. Establish a policy for employees who need to stay home, and make sure everyone knows what to do if they or someone else becomes ill.
- Keep surfaces clean. Surfaces like desktops, countertops, and door handles can harbour bacteria. Wipe them down regularly with a disinfectant cleaner, and make sure employees are cleaning their own work areas as well.
- Encourage healthy habits. Help your employees stay healthy by encouraging them to eat right, exercise, and get enough sleep. You can also provide health resources, like a company gym or wellness program, to help them stay on track.
- Have a plan for emergencies. If someone in your office does get sick, it’s important to have a plan in place. Establish procedures for dealing with illness, and make sure everyone knows what to do if they or someone else becomes ill. Having a plan will help you keep your office running smoothly, even during a crisis.
For impeccable cleanliness and hygiene in your workplace, trust the office cleaning services Brisbane provided by Worth Every Cent, ensuring a pristine and inviting environment for your team and clients.
By following these tips, you can help prevent the spread of illness in your office and keep your employees healthy and productive.