The IncrediBuilds: Star Wars: X-Wing Deluxe Book and Model Set includes 73 laser-cut wood components, a step-by-step instruction booklet, and a 32-page hardcover book about one of the alliance's most capable ships.
Despite the fact that the IncrediBuilds sets come in four skill levels (easy, intermediate, advanced, and expert), I went for the semi-deep end because the X-wing model is classified as an advanced kit. That, I believe, is fairly correct.
Knowing what pieces go into an X-wing helped me get through the build faster, which took approximately an hour. The assembly instructions are illustrated, and happily, I only had one “Wait. “How is this supposed to get in?” says the narrator. It's actually a fun approach to exercise your brain in a different way.
This kit is suitable for children aged 12 and up. Adult supervision is also recommended in the guidelines. Both are extremely affordable, especially when you consider all the small parts, the level of attention to detail required, and the extra effort you may have to apply to a few of the pieces to get them to fit together.
My recommendations for constructing an IncrediBuild 3D wood art kit are as follows:
1. Stick to the guideline of only removing bits from the bigger piece of wood they came in until you're ready to utilize that specific piece. The numbers for each are next to them, and it's easy to lose track of which one is which and make the procedure take much longer if you finish them too soon.
2. If pieces fall out of their slots before you're ready to use them (as some of mine did), try to keep them as close as possible to the original holes.
3. The parts are designed to pop out easily. If you're having trouble, use your fingernails to assist you.
4. The wood has a little give to it and can take a little pressure. If pieces don't lock together during assembly, you can sometimes force them together on a flat, sturdy surface.
5. Be aware of shapes and textures.
Overall, this model is a lot of fun to build, and the finished model has a lot of detail and dimensionality. The model may be kept together without the need for adhesive. It's good that you can make this with the materials provided in the kit.
If you decide to paint your T-65 model, the included book includes a supply list and instructions for two different color schemes.
And the behind-the-scenes development and filming details are more in-depth than you'd think for a small book – until you recall this is Insight Editions, and this is their thing.
To top it all off, be sure to include a Star Wars X-Wing Fighter LED Lighting Kit for optimal results.