Men's minimal dressing style is the easiest way to looking sharp without putting in a ton of efforts and spending a ton of money.
You don't really need a wardrobe full of trending pieces nor you have to spend a ridiculous amount of money buying high street brands to look good.
All you need is a well-built wardrobe with simple, timeless essentials. If you have the right pieces in your wardrobe it becomes infinitely easier to dress well.
And that exactly why we created a step-by-step guide to help you build a timeless capsule wardrobe. If you haven't seen it yet, you can do it here.
What is men's minimal dressing style?
Minimal dressing style is simply wearing timeless essentials and not falling for latest fashion trends and fads or wearing a ton of seasonal pieces.
I am not saying you should not pick seasonal pieces but be mindful of how the new seasonal piece you buy will fit with your style and other pieces in your wardrobe.
The whole concept of minimal dressing style is to wear timeless essentials that mix and match with each other easily.
You can pick anything from your wardrobe and you will still look well put together.
That's the power minimal dressing style.
It's simple, it's classic, it just works.
Now, let's look at some of the timeless colour combinations that will help men achieve the perfect minimal dressing style.
- Navy + White
- Indigo + White
- Khaki + Navy
- Grey + White
- Grey + Navy
- Dark Blue + Light Blue
- Indigo + Light Blue
- Beige + White
- Beige + Light Blue
- Beige + Navy
- Army Green + White
So, if you stick around above color palette it's impossible not to look good.
What types of shoes you'd need to achieve the perfect minimal dressing style?
Shoes are an important part of your outfit. You have to pick the right shoes to elevate your dressing style.
We recommend having at least three pairs of shoes in your wardrobe.
- A Classic Oxford Shoes in black. This shoes will cover you for all the formal events or you can wear them to work if you have a formal dress code. Shop Our Pick Here
- A White Sneakers. I admit I have a bias towards white sneakers. But, if you are not a fan of wearing white sneakers then you can pick minimalist sneakers in any colour you like. However, avoid going to super bright colours or sneakers with huge brand logos printed on them. The key is to keep things simple. Shop Our Pick Here
- A Double Monk Shoes in tan. This is perfect if you want to look edgy or go sockless with your chinos + shirt outfit. Or attending a business party where you are required to dress up in business casuals. If you don't like to wear double monk shoes, then you can also pick a pair loafers of your choice. Shop Our Pick Here
Apart from the above three shoes, you don't really need anything. However, if you are into running or any type of exercise routines, you add a comfortable sports shoes in your wardrobe.
Men's Minimal Dressing Style Outfit Ideas
Now, that we've covered all the basics of minimal dress code for men. Let's look at the minimal outfit ideas I have curated for you today.
The outfits I have curated today are from one of my favourite model/Instagram celeb's account. You can check out his account here. it's pretty dope!
Scroll below to check out 5 amazing minimal outfit ideas for men.
- Outfit 1. Beige Chinos + Light Blue Shirt + Suede Double Monk Shoes
- Outfit 2. Army Green Chinos + Light Blue Shirt + Beige Blazer Jacket + Green Pocket Square + Suede Tassel Loafers
- Outfit 3. Navy Chinos + White Polo Shirt + Sneakers
- Outfit 4. Army Green Blazer + Army Green Chinos + White T-shirt + Sneakers
- Outfit 5. Navy Chinos + Light Blue Polo Shirt + You can wear white sneakers or tan double monk shoes.
Outfit 1. Beige Chinos + Light Blue Shirt + Suede Double Monk Shoes
Outfit 2. Army Green Chinos + Light Blue Shirt + Beige Blazer Jacket + Green Pocket Square + Suede Tassel Loafers
Outfit 3. Navy Chinos + White Polo Shirt + Sneakers
Outfit 4. Army Green Blazer + Army Green Chinos + White T-shirt + Sneakers
Outfit 5. Navy Chinos + Light Blue Polo Shirt + You can wear white sneakers or tan double monk shoes.