Today we're going to talk about the basics of a men's capsule wardrobe and why it's important to build one.
Capsule Wardrobe- Have you heard of this term? A lot of blogs and articles have been talking about this subject. In simple terms, a capsule wardrobe is just a cool name for a small collection of clothing which you love to wear and they mix and match with each other easily.
Have you observed Mark Zuckerberg or Steve Jobs and President Obama wearing same clothing almost all days? Perhaps they have a mindset where less is more.
In the process of implementing that mindset, you may want to create your own small versatile wardrobe- also called Capsule wardrobe.
The dreading standing in front of you wardrobe for 10 minutes and not sure what to wear become a 10 seconds deal with a capsule wardrobe.
The concept of capsule wardrobe has been in practice since 1970 when a London Boutique owner -Susie Fox coined the name. In one of the studies of the apparel industry,
it's been estimated that every man and woman buy 64 -new pieces of clothes. Giving space to my mental space is one other reason why you would want to create your own capsule wardrobe.
How to start a capsule wardrobe the right way?
One has rightly said, "clothes make a man". People judge your personality by your look and to an extent what you are wearing.
You could be a millionaire but if you are dressed poorly people will not give you a second glance.
Sadly very few people take it seriously. First and foremost there are no rules, so as you go trough the process, you should go with the style that reflects your personality. It's basically more about quality and not quantity.
You can get a clear step by step guide through the capsule wardrobe eBook. You can easily build your wardrobe in less time.
Here are certain basic guidelines to pull your perfect wardrobe
Clean your closet
When was the last time you went through your closet? Doesn't mean you throw your clothes or get rid of them just as of now. Building a capsule wardrobe is a lot easier when you are working with organised piles. Just arrange them and makes piles like:
Save Pile- You love wearing them and those are the ones that will go back to your closet.
Box Pile- These are clothes that you half like and may not wear quite often. Put them into storage and you may wait to retrieve them with season change where few can find their place in your closet
Donate Pile- These are pieces that you don't wear anymore but for some strange reasons you still have them. Give them away, please...
Your Personal Style
Once you are finished with your save-pile and you know which one needs to go to your closet. Next is a difficult task- to make a functional wardrobe, you got to know your style. Your focus areas are:
Patterns- Incorporate patterns that add variety to the palette. Initially, keep patterns simple and you can try mix and match once you start evolving.
Colour Palette - Identify three or four colours that you love and should work in harmony with your shirts pants, jackets and shoes.
Now that you have got your basics right, let's move on to understand if you are satisfied with your wardrobe or not.
This will help you understand if you really need to build a wardrobe that will serve you for life or not.
Have you thought to yourself
"I have a lot of clothes but when I look in my closet I can't find anything to wear"
"I get confused while shopping. I've already got many clothes but while wearing I keep on changing one to another."
"I don't have the capability of buying my own clothes. I just have the clothes that my girlfriend or wife bought me"
"Tired of my outdated wardrobe and looking for clothes that look good on me"
"I want to improve my dressing sense but I need help as I don't have enough knowledge on it"
“ I feel like people around me don’t take me seriously because of the way I dress.”
If so, you definitely need a capsule wardrobe. A well-planned wardrobe will change the way you look forever.
It's weird. People are telling me two conflicting things:
- I have way too many clothes in my wardrobe.
- I barely have anything good to wear.
If both those statements are true, why aren't you saying, "Wow, I must be doing something wrong." Maybe it's because people think that's how things are with everyone else. You buy as many clothes as you can and hope to dress better.
Lord knows I'm not cool with this. I like to keep things simple & sorted. Sometimes, things are messed up. Other times, we're well prepared. But I've been successfully in building and managing a great wardrobe since 2014.
I can tell you that to fix what's broken, you can't just get there with more shopping. You have to work through some critical questions:
- What do I absolutely need to buy?
- Where should I invest my money?
- How can I get more attention & look great with minimum efforts?
- What's missing in my wardrobe?
- How do I plan my wardrobe that helps me look great?
Is Building A Capsule Wardrobe Difficult?
And The Answer Is no. Read below to find out how our step-by-step guide can help you build a timeless wardrobe.
Is Capsule Wardrobe Right For You?
Let me ask you these questions:
- Do you want a wardrobe that is less cluttered & visually appealing?
- Do you want a wardrobe that has clothes that effortlessly complement each other?
- Do you want a wardrobe that has outfits that are flexible and suits all occasions.?
If you answered in yes, then yes capsule wardrobe is just right for you.
- Meeting your friends at the bar, and having every single girl turn her head when you walk past them
- Never think "I have no clue what to wear" ever again. And, effortlessly put together an outfit that's always impressive.
- Walking into your office and instantly commanding the attention and respect of your colleagues and your boss.
If it's not working let me help you fix it.
"I don't know how to shop for clothes that look good on me. And what clothes should I own so that I always have something nice to wear"
You're not alone
There are lots of reasons why you don't have clothes you absolutely love. It can be a matter of your choices, a matter of strategy, the way you are buying your clothes, and many other little tweaks.
Maybe you don't know what looks good on you? Maybe you are referring to all wrong advice on the Internet (Trust me, there are lots)
Maybe a Solid Plan Would Help
Join 30000+ guys and me for a no-fluff guide on building an ultimate capsule wardrobe. The guide will help you understand.
- Why you don't need a ton of clothes to always look great.
- How you can save a lot of money every year on shopping.
- Why is less is so much more
- How to buy the right clothes every time you shop.
- How not to waste money on the things you don't need.
This guide isn't the theory. It's action. After understanding the guide, you'll be able to execute on a solid plan built from years of research and experience.
This guild will help you create the wardrobe you always wanted.
I've been where you are. I've also had the opportunity to speak with and work with thousands of people who face the similar problem. That means I've had the opportunity to see similarities, find patterns, and distill large and chaotic problems down to simple (but not easy) frames.
Join 3000+ guys today and get our Capsule Wardrobe Guide
This guide will help you with the following:
- A Capsule Wardrobe For Every Season Of The Year
- Save up to $600 every year on shopping by following simple capsule wardrobe rules
- Never Waste Money On Clothes You Would Never Want To Wear
- Find & Wear Stylish, Well-Fitting Clothes That Mix And Match Easily
- Buy right clothes the first time around
- Have control over clothes & looks
Benefits Of A Capsule Wardrobe
I can go on for awhile with this, but here I’ll discuss a few key benefits.
- Less stressful - I think too much choice is stressful. And you can quite literally go crazy with it. More choice means more clutter. Now, clutter is a form of visual distraction, and it can lead to stress. The less clutter, the less choice, and the less stress we have.
- Visually Appealing – Think about the wardrobe that is cluttered, filled with much unnecessary stuff, and a clean, uncluttered wardrobe with just a few essentials items in it. The one with almost nothing in it except some key pieces of clothing and a few beautiful pairs of foot wares and accessories is the one that appeals to most of us. You can make your wardrobe and your look more appealing by making it simple, clutter free and minimal.
- Easier to Organise and Clean – It’s tough to clean a wardrobe filled with a whole bunch of items, to organise or to find items when you need them. The more stuff you have, the more you have to keep clean and organised. Think about how easy it would be to clean your wardrobe with just a few items in it compared to one with 100’s of unnecessary items in it.
What This Guide Can Help You Achieve
Understanding the basics of a capsule wardrobe is covered in the very first section of our capsule wardrobe guide. That means if you've got no idea what the capsule wardrobe is, here's where you'll learn.
Learning the characteristics & benefits comes second. We cover all the essential characteristics & key benefits of having well-planned capsule wardrobe and more.
Everyone asks about what clothes to buy. We built an entire section to walk you through that. By the way, this section in this guide is a collage of actual product photos mixed with detailed information about fabric & fit. It's easy to consume quickly. No fluff.
But what about the checklist? Isn't remembering all the clothes I need to buy tricky? Not really. We've added a checklist of all the items you should have in your Capsule Wardrobe, which you can carry along with you next time you go shopping, It's that simple! (and Useful)
You're worried about that you won't be able to purchase everything at one go! Join the club! Lots of people have a similar problem. But that's okay, you don't to build an entire capsule wardrobe at one go. You can acquire items from the checklist when you can. Don't need to rush it.
Wrapping it all up and putting the perfect timeless capsule wardrobe is next.
WHAT YOU'LL GET
1. A solid no fluff step by step eGuide. Straight to the point eBook with product photos and specifications to help you build a powerful coordinated wardrobe for life.
2. A complete checklist
Check each thing off as you acquire them.
Checklist of all the items you should have in your Wardrobe, which you can carry along with you next time you go shopping.
3. Special Summer Edition Wardrobe With Shopping Checklist
4. Winter Edition Wardrobe
5. Summer Outfit Ideas
6. Winter Outfit Ideas
7. Wardrobe Planner Worksheets
SO, DO YOU WANT A WARDROBE THAT;
- is Less Cluttered
- is Visually Appealing
- have clothes that effortlessly complement each other
- have clothes that make you feel good and look great when you wear them.
- have outfits that are flexible and suits all occasions.
I'm sure you're wondering, how's that possible.
It is possible by having a perfect plan for your wardrobe.
How great would it be to have Step by Step information for the whole process of building a perfect wardrobe? ‘
So, here it is.
We've put together a simple, easy to understand and useful step by step guide so that you can build your perfect capsule wardrobe, no matter your budget.
Click on the image above or Click This Link to download capsule wardrobe guide.