Each year the world is witnessing an increased demand for cosmetic procedures. The growth in cosmetic surgery's popularity can be seen taking the uphill with more than 1 million procedures performed each year. It is nothing but a branch of plastic surgery conducted to enhance one's aesthetics. Consult with appropriately experienced plastic surgeons nearby before you go forwards with your decision.
Types Of Cosmetic Surgery:
There is a reason why more and more people are resorting to cosmetic surgeries. With new ideas about aesthetics, more people are encouraged to alter their appearance- to be more confident and radiant. Almost each body part can be put under cosmetic surgery. The results being permanent, it must not be taken in the light air. Here is a list of types of cosmetic surgeries:
- Tummy Tuck
- Breast surgeries
- Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery
- Buttock lift
- Rhytidectomy or facelift
- Chin augmentation
- Brow lift
- Stem-cell enriched fat grafts.
- Soft tissue fillers
- Fat grafting
- Lasers and light-based facial treatment
- Hair transplant
Should You Combine Multiple Cosmetic Procedures?
With medical and technological advancements, techniques in cosmetic surgeries have taken a significant turn over the years. Often multiple procedures are combined. Instead of a full makeover, plastic surgeons nearby choose to focus on small individual processes at once.
Along with surgeries, doctors may use various non-surgical techniques to enhance aesthetics as well. But, the question remains- Is combining multiple cosmetic procedures safe? Even though experienced surgeons take full precautions, combining methods comes with its own set of pros and cons.
The Pros Of Combining Multiple Cosmetic Procedures:
- Multiple separate surgeries mean you have to go through various anesthetic procedures. But, combining processes ensures lesser anesthesia. It reduces any risk related to anesthesia-related complications. Moreover, complications commonly occur while going under or coming out of anesthesia. Thus, combining procedures is a safer option.
- Combination procedures ensure more precisely enhanced results. What if you go through a process, but it is not enough? That is why combining multiple methods can give you the desired product at once.
- Each surgery procedure comes with its own recovery time. In comparison, some techniques need a shorter time to recover, while others may take a longer time. But, when you combine the procedures, you are subjected to only one recovery timeline.
- Cosmetic procedures can be expensive. Having several surgeries may charge a hefty bill. But, combining processes means you save up on money.
The Cons Of Combining Multiple Cosmetic Procedures:
- Conducting multiple procedures at once means the recovery period will be longer and might be more painful.
- Combining procedures mean you may need a more potent dose of anesthesia so that you stay under the influence for a longer time. But, danger comes with being under its power for an extended period. Dosages can affect you, depending on your age and health. Too healthy a dose can increase the chance of complications.
- You have to spend a lump sum amount at once when you combine multiple procedures.
- Results will take a longer time to come forth. Your body will need more time to heal and thus show desired results.
- An increased amount of bruising and swelling can occur.
What Procedures Are Usually Combined Together?
When the patient is in good health, plastic surgeons nearby often combine at least two cosmetic procedures. The most common plastic surgery procedures that are connected include:
- Liposuction and tummy tuck
- Rhinoplasty along with chin augmentation
- Breast augmentation with a breast lift
- Arm and thigh reductions
- Facelift with the eyelid lift
Mommy makeover is another popular option. It combines procedures like liposuction, tummy tuck , and breast surgery procedures. Mommy makeovers are perfect for getting back your pre-baby body. During this process, the abdominoplasty can be taken a step forward into a fat transfer to the breasts.
However, there are certain conditions when you cannot combine cosmetic procedures. Patients coming in with high blood pressure are not suited for combination surgeries. Moreover, it depends on the doctor. If the doctor thinks multiple surgeries can be unsafe, you should drop the idea as well.
Here Are Some Tips For You:
- Choose reputable plastic surgeons nearby.
- Get full information about the procedure.
- Make sure to weigh up all the pros and cons before you go forward with your decision.
- Consider any risks and limitations.
- Do not travel too far for treatment.
- Consider non-refundable procedures before traveling abroad for surgeries.
- Be prepared to change your mind.
- Be confident in your skin.
- Cosmetic surgeries may come with mental health issues. Take good care of yourself.