The clogged ear is an issue which every individual has suffered or suffers once in his life. The age group which is affected the most is of the children.
There are a lot of reasons for clogged years a few of them are:
- Collected earwax in Eustachian tube.
- Sinus infections
- Allergies or middle ear infections
One should clean his ear after a bath, as some water enters into the ear and can cause irritation and infection. It becomes very discomforting and frustrating, causing trouble in hearing and itching inside the ear.
There are a lot of home remedies for clogged ears available that one can try before visiting a doctor but if you experience the following situations like hearing loss, dizziness, ear pain, a ringing sound, discharge, it would be better for you to see book an appointment with a good doctor quickly.
In this article, we will be telling you the best home remedies for clogged ears, make sure you try these remedies under the guidance of an elder.
Home remedies for clogged ears
Hot water steam
Steam is beneficial in a lot of issues related to the body, whether it is fatigue muscles, headache, sinus, etc.
To try this method
- Take a pot and add some water into it, put it on gas to boil it or simply use your instant pot for water boiling.
- Once the water starts boiling, transfer it into a plastic bucket.
- Now take steam directly and make sure you keep a distance from the hot water.
- One can also take a hot water bath.
- The heat will loosen the trapped mucus in your canals and let the fluids drain quickly.
Note: Do not try this method alone if you are less than 18 years.
Open your mouth and Yawn.
Yawing is the most natural home remedy for clogged ears. Most of the time when we feel like our ears are closed, yawning suddenly opens up the ear and we start feeling better.
It is not necessary that you’ll yawn whenever you want to, but you can fake a yawn too.
- Open up your mouth gently and calmly and make a yawning face.
- Keep repeating this, and you will start yawning
- Repeat this process after every 10 seconds.
- Keep trying this for at least 15 minutes until you hear a pop sound in your ear.
Doing this activity slowly is not harmful at all. By doing this, the muscles around the eustachian tubes open up. Yawning releases the pressure around the muscles and helps them to relax. This is said to be one of the best home remedies for clogged ears.
Gargle with salt water
A comprehensive solution to deal with nasal issues is gargling with salt water. It not only puts your nasal congestion at ease but also helps in the clogged ear also.
- Take a glass full of drinking water.
- Make sure the water is warm, not boiling.
- Add a teaspoon of salt in it and stir.
- Now take a sip of that water and rinse nicely.
- Repeat the process until the solution finishes.
- You can try this for three times a day.
Clogged ears can be very frustrating and painful if not taken care of. A lot of people overlook the home remedies and run for the doctor. Early stages of a clogged ear can be easily treated at home with the methods listed above. If you still feel the pain, you can book an appointment with a doctor.