Every single arrangement of your hair or facial hair is important to your appearance. In this case, of course, sideburns are included. However, it can be a bit complicated for those men who wish to trim their sideburns themselves.
Therefore, you will have nothing to worry about if you follow exactly the following procedure. You will only have to rely on one of the shaving creams for men that are available on the market today. At this point, a high-quality option will allow you to acquire a better look.
Have you got everything you need? Well, let's get to work!
Before you start trimming your pins you should know when to do it specifically. This is necessary because hair does not grow at the same rate on just anyone. Therefore, you will need to trim your sideburns very often if they are sharp and thin.
At the same time, if you want a thicker style you should not perform this procedure as often. In the same way, if you have too bulky sideburns, a trim in this part of your hair is best. In this way, you will have a more pleasant look.
Besides, you must keep in mind that your face will look longer as your sideburns are thin and long as well. On the contrary, you can get a more oval look from your face if your sideburns are short.
Starting to trim the pins
- First, you must determine what specific aspect you want to achieve in the end. In other words, avoid improvisation, since you will have to show your sideburns for a while. To do this, you have a large number of images available on various websites. Also, you should select a style that can be adapted to your face type and hairstyle.
- Use a comb to manage your sideburns. One of the best tools you can use is a comb made of wood. Use this comb to gently and carefully position your sideburns. Usually, the direction of growth is downward, so you should respect this orientation.
- Set your haircutting tool correctly. Whatever trimmer you use, you must implement the guards. In this way, you will be getting the length you have decided to purchase. Besides, you will notice that the whole procedure is much easier if you have the right accessories.
- Position the trimmer correctly. In particular, the trimmer should be positioned vertically towards your pins. Once you have positioned your trimmer in this way, you can start trimming downwards. Always make slow, smooth movements. However, sudden movements will only lead to irreparable errors.
- You must check the remaining hair. As you trim your sideburns, some hairs may escape this procedure. To do this, simply use the comb and point your paws forward. This way, you will be able to detect facial hair that has become too long according to the style you have chosen.
- Perform the same check. In this case, you must repeat the previous step with a difference. Here you should use the wooden comb and point the hair on your sideburns backward. By doing this, you will be able to better analyze the results you get here.
- Apply the details. At this point, applying the details means trimming the bottom edge. Also, you will be able to give your sideburns the most appropriate touch to this bottom part. So, it's a good opportunity to implement the best style you want to get.
- Finishing the process. Once you have finished the previous step, you can put the trimmer aside. After that, you can use your index fingers to check the symmetry of your pins. In case you detect any error in the evenness, you can apply the necessary adjustments.
According to men’s grooming expert Mike Ross, “Before you start trimming your sideburns all over, there are a few things you should consider. In this case, it is advisable not to trim the hair that is attached to your head. In other words, this means making all your sideburns disappear and go beyond. So, nobody looks good in this aspect, and you will not be the first, believe me!”
On the other hand, you will get a better look if you trim your sideburns symmetrically to each other. This implies not taking your ears as a reference since sometimes there is no symmetry there. So, if your sideburns are symmetrical to each other, you will look good.
Finally, you should consider which tool you will use in this procedure. Therefore, you must decide whether you will use a regular razor or an electric razor. Each of these options may give you different advantages and disadvantages. Therefore, we recommend that you research the issue so that you will have the best results in the end.
Should I trim my sideburns?
To get a nice look at your face, it is advisable to trim your sideburns from time to time. The important thing here is to avoid your sideburns looking too bulky and untidy. Besides, you can choose the best trimming style to suit your needs.
Where should I cut my sideburns?
Generally, sideburns should be trimmed a little above the bottom of the ears. In the same way, you can apply certain cuts and styles that best suit your personality. Also, getting a perfect style requires practice in trimming your sideburns.
Are long sideburns attractive?
Some men can improve the look of their faces with long sideburns. However, not all sideburns can be perfectly adapted to a man's style. On the other hand, men who do not have good hair growth should have long sideburns.
Once we have reached this point, it is important to mention that you do not get the perfect result in the first cut. This requires several repetitions as well as high-quality tools. However, once you have mastered the technique, you will be able to obtain the best style. So your facial appearance will be more pleasing.