Photo by Shiny Diamond: https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-with-white-facial-soap-on-face-3762466/
Do you feel that a 10-step skincare routine is too much? Don’t have much time for skin care? Here’s the good news: you can still pamper yourself and achieve that youthful and beautiful skin just by acing the basics. Here are 6 tips to naturally achieve beautiful and glowing skin:
Keep your skin protected from the sun’s harmful rays
Sun exposure can cause premature aging, wrinkles, dark spots, burns, and other skin problems. If you don’t care for your skin properly, there is a great risk of developing cancer as well.
To protect the skin from these harmful UVA and UVB rays, here are some of the things that you can do:
- Use sunscreen - There are different sunscreen options on the market. Wear sunscreen that offers an SPF level of at least 15. Apply generously onto the skin and reapply every 2 hours. If you are the type to sweat profusely throughout the day or if you are out swimming, make sure to reapply sunscreen more frequently.
- Seek shade - The sun’s rays are at their strongest between 10:00 in the morning and 4:00 in the afternoon. Around this time, make sure to seek shade, avoid going out, or wear protective gear to avoid exposure.
- Keep protective clothing ready - Make sure to cover your skin well. Wear a cap, hat, long-sleeved shirts, and long pants if you are expected to stay under the sun.
Photo by Carol Gonçalves: https://www.pexels.com/photo/close-up-of-a-woman-in-sunglasses-blowing-smoke-9638355/
Getting regular anti-aging treatment in Toronto can greatly help your skin’s appearance. However, if you are guilty of different vices like smoking then you are not going to see the results last.
Smoking is one of the deadliest things that you can do because it kills the body with every stick. It has visible effects on the skin by contributing to the wrinkles that appear even if you are still young. Smoking narrows the blood vessels in the skin’s outermost layer, decreasing blood flow. The result is pale-looking skin that is deprived of blood that carries oxygen nutrients.
Smoking can also damage the collagen and elastin of the skin. Without these, the skin will not be strong and elastic.
Using products with strong chemicals can have detrimental effects on the skin. Check your skin for chemicals like phthalates and di(2-ethylhexyl) which are commonly added to some plastics to make them flexible. The sad truth is that they are also present in most beauty products. Make sure to read the label of skin products before using them.
Watch your habits
There are different habits that are not healthy for the skin. Be gentle on your skin by doing these:
- Limit bath time - Hot and long showers can remove the oils from the skin. Make sure to use warm water and step out as soon as possible.
- Do not use strong soaps - Soaps and detergents can strip the skin of oils which will make them dry and flaky.
- Shave carefully - Make sure that the skin is protected and lubricated before shaving to lessen friction and avoid irritation.
- Pat dry - Do not scrub the skin when drying after a bath to keep the moisture in.
- Moisturize - Keep the skin moisturized to avoid irritation.
A visit to a dental office in Guelph or to a doctor in Toronto and anywhere else in the world would tell you that eating healthy has great effects on every part of the body. A healthy diet can make you feel and look great. Add more vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins to avoid breakouts and dry skin. Also, make sure to drink more water to keep the skin hydrated.
If you are stressed out, your skin will also suffer. You will realize that you will get more acne breakouts or dark circles will appear under the eyes. When you are stressed out, you lack sleep, do not rest well, and even lose weight. You may also need a person with nail extensions certification because your nails will be more brittle and chip. Stress can affect every inch of the body so manage it well if you want healthier-looking skin.
Your skin can make you look more beautiful if it is properly cared for. But not everyone has the time for an extensive skincare routine. The good thing is that there are simple habits that you can develop to achieve that glow.