Exercise is the most essential component for good overall health. When it comes to losing weight, regular exercise and diet control are crucial components. There are plenty of weight loss exercises that you can find on the internet. However, if you are trying to create your own personal workout routine but don’t know how to begin, you can try some of these exercises listed below.
These weight loss exercises are highly recommended by certified trainers and health coaches as each one of them doubles as a strength move which will increase your heart rate and work on your movement and flexibility skills. Before we begin, keep in mind the following terms.
- Sets - the number of times a specific exercise is performed by you.
- Reps - the number of times that specific exercise is repeated by you.
For example, if you do 15 push-ups in sets of 3.
- First Set includes 15 push-ups (reps)
- Second Set includes 15 push-ups (reps)
- The third Set consists of 15 push-ups (reps)
Regular exercising can protect your body from injury and help you perform your daily tasks more efficiently while burning calories and building lean muscle. For your weight loss exercises, combine these moves together to create a custom workout or you can add them individually to your existing workout routines.
The Most Effective Weight Loss Exercises
For these weight loss exercises you will require a pair of kettlebells and dumbbells. The duration period is around 30 to 40 minutes.
To be done in sets of 3 and reps will be 10 counts per side.
- Stand straight and align your feet with your hip.
- Place your hands on your hips or hold weights by sides.
- Take a step forward with the right leg, keeping your spine straight, lower your body until the front and back leg form a 90 degree angle.
- Pause for a moment and then move your right leg back to start. Now, step the left leg forward to repeat on the other side.
Burpees effectively target your core, chest, and leg region simultaneously and is a great weight loss exercise. To be done in sets of 3 and reps will be 8 to 12 counts.
- Stand with your feet apart and arms at your sides.
- Push your hips back, bend your knees and place your palms on the ground to lower into a crouch position.
- Immediately lower your back into a squat position for the next rep.
- With your hands on the floor directly in front of your feet, shift your weight to them to jump back and land softly in a plank position.
- Jump with your feet forward so that they land just outside of your hands. Jump explosively into the air, placing your hands overhead or on the sides.
Squats are known to be one of the best weight loss exercises and helps in building overall body strength. When done correctly, it engages your core and entire lower body. To be done in sets of 3 and reps will be 15 counts.
- Start with feet apart and arms either on your sides holding weights or clasped in front of your chest.
- Keep the weight in heels and back straight and sit your hips back and bend your knees to lower into a squat position until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Remember to keep your knees in line with your toes the entire time and maintain an even pace and rise back to start position and repeat.
Mountain climbers are a good way to burn calories. The quick leg motion targets your obliques, derriere and hamstring region. To be done in sets of 3 and reps will be how many counts are possible in 1 minute.
- Start in a plank position on the floor.
- Drive your right knee in towards your chest without raising hips or allowing your right foot to touch the floor.
- Place your right foot back in plank position and repeat on the other side, driving the left knee towards your chest. Repeat the movement, alternating between legs.
Jumping rope is a great weight loss exercise as it is a whole-body workout. Check the length of the rope by holding it in each hand and ensure that the handles line up with your shoulders. To be done in sets of 3 and reps will be how many counts are possible in 1 minute.
- Start with your feet together with your hands holding ends of the jump rope.
- Make sure your elbows are towards your ribs.
- Swing the jump rope and hop both feet over, do not jump in between, only jump with each swing of the rope.
Kettlebells are an extremely effective weight loss exercise because they engage your entire body. If you are unable to do an overhead swing, you can stop the kettlebell at your shoulder height and let it swing back down. To be done in sets of 3 and reps will be 15 counts.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart and hold the kettlebell in front of your feet. Grasp the kettlebell handle with both your hands.
- While keeping your back straight, hinge your hips to hike the kettlebell backwards between your legs.
- Press your hips forward to reach a standing position and swing the kettlebell overhead while keeping your core engaged.
- Allow the kettlebell to fall forwards, between your legs to begin the next swing.
To be done in sets of 8 and reps will be for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest between reps.
- Begin with a dumbbell in each hand, racked at your shoulders and stand with feet apart.
- Jump with your feet out and jack the dumbbells straight overhead until your arms are fully extended.
- Continue for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds.
- Stand with feet apart with dumbbells at your chest level.
- Begin jabbing the dumbbells across your body, alternating sides.
- Continue for 20 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds. Repeat both exercises for 8 rounds total.